Unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) brings together the communications tools that people use daily such as voice, e-mail, instant messaging, presence, click-to-dial, conferencing and video into a single interface. UC&C helps overcome the inefficiencies and challenges in organizations where communications previously were siloed and fragmented.
Benefits of unified communications and collaboration include:
- Increased employee productivity
- Faster and more responsive service
- Greater employee flexibility
- Better innovation and collaboration with employees, partners and customers
- Reduced costs – travel, telecom and IT admin
Many enterprises today are made up of a mixed infrastructure of devices and access methods. Your employees need to stay connected and they want to access the tools they need to collaborate from whatever application they're in. This is where UC&C can help.
A report from Osterman Research, “Taking a Strategic Approach to Unified Communications” details the value of unified communications and collaboration solutions and presents two distinct approaches to deploying a UC&C strategy. This informative report discusses:
- Why companies are making investments in UC&C solutions
- The pros and cons between a single vendor vs. best-of-breed approach to UC&C
- Cost comparison between Microsoft Lync (single vendor) and Google Apps/Esna (best of breed)